Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

WEEK 8

1.When Maeda uses the “Feel, and feel for” principle, he is drawing on peoples connection to a very personal experience: feelings. List 3 ways that would make use of this principle to visitors of your exhibition.


1 Way: Create interest toward exhibition

Both artist and visitors need to have enthusasium towards the exhibition. Artists need to bring forward their best work to keep viewers or visitor amaze.

2 Way: Focus area

Exhibition should focus the northern territory side wise the expectation of wide variety of visitor should be fulfilled to make it successful. Priority towards local arts and creation.

3. Commitment of participants

All artist/students being participant should be able to present at the exhibition site all the time to clarify or define their art to the viewers if there is any query.

2. a)What is animism?

The term animism is derived from the Latin word anima meaning breath or soul. The belief of animism is probably one of man's oldest beliefs, with its origin most likely dating to the Paleolithic age. From its earliest beginnings it was a belief that a soul or spirit existed in every object, even if it was inanimate. In a future state this soul or spirit would exist as part of an immaterial soul. The spirit, therefore, was thought to be universal.

by Alan G. Hefner and Virgilio Guimaraes http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/a/animism.htm

b)Why do you think the “Tamagocchi” craze of the ‘90s became such a craze?

The Tamagotchi (たまごっち Tamagotchi?) is a handheld digital pet created in Japan by Akihiro Yokoi of WiZ Co. Ltd., and Aki Maita of Bandai Co. Ltd. It was first sold by Bandai in 1996 in Japan. Over 70,000,000 Tamagotchis have been sold world-wide as of 2008.[1] Most Tamagotchis are housed in a small egg-shaped computer with an interface usually consisting of three buttons, although the number of buttons may vary for different variations.

According to Bandai, the name is a portmanteau combining the Japanese word "たまご" (tamago), which means "egg", and the English word "watch" (as in timepiece).[2] Consequently, the name is romanized as "Tamagotch" without the "i" in Japan. At the end of most Tamagotchi character's names, excluding some newer characters like Makiko, is 'tchi' or 'っち' in Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi



C) How can you apply this to your exhibition?

I have my presentation designed for the exhibition which reflects the multicultural bond of the Northern Territory.

3. Name 2 products that you have purchased that gave you that feeling of “Aichaku”. What feelings did those products evoke? Was it the feeling that sold the product to you?



Aichaku: Aichaku is the emotional patina that we develop with objects that we use.

My first motor cycle which I purchased with my first income gave me the feeling of Aichaku. I not only feel comfortable but use to enjoy my time with that motorcycle while returning back home after work every midnight singing all those evergreen songs. It was machine but it was more like my best friend who never complained nor criticized me on my bad days. My first love of my life is my first motorcycle which is in my memory now.

My desktop computer which helped me produce several audio video projects. It was assembled during 2006 but still working as new as before. I feel comfortable using it and in a perfect condition till date.

The feeling which these products evoke is confident. In any circumstances I feel confident and complete my task on time with these friends.

4. How do the references to emotion relate to the simplicity/complexity relationship discussed in Law 5 – Differences?

Something simple is less emotion and something complex is more emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment